This session fits in with the Applied Science unit 'Science in the Workplace'.
Using audio-visual resources and referring to numerous Zoo examples, we will look at the following topics:
- the background of Chester Zoo including the services it offers, its role within the wider community and the significance of its location
- the variety of different scientific roles found within a modern conservation orientated zoo
- the skills and qualifications required to work in a scientific job at Chester Zoo
- how the zoo monitors and cares for its animals
- some important Health and Safety requirements
Suggested activities and lesson plans