For visitors with visual impairments
We’ve got lots of multi-sensory experiences and an amazing array of sounds and smell.
- Free entry for carers (check terms here)
- Registered Assistance Dogs are welcome but please contact us in advance for more information. We can provide a map with an assistance dog-friendly route.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available across the site - see locations on our map here
- Daily animal talks – with the Zoo Rangers! They help visitors discover cool stuff about some of the most endangered and exotic animals in the world… Check the timetable here
- Our gardens have an array of textures - in Plant Paradise you're sure to be dazzled by the exotic colours, shapes and textures of some of the world's most fabulous plants.
- Guided tours are available for groups – to help you get the most out of your visit why not pre-book your own personal tour guide. Find out more on our groups pages here.
The Guild of Chester Tour Guides always looks forward to showing Zoo visitors around such a fantastic environment. The displays and interpretation offer something for everyone, too – especially things to touch and smell. Visitors can feel the shape of a rhino’s prehensile lip by touching the model and I’ve taken blind visitors around on a tour where the smells in the elephant house and just 'feeling' their presence worked well.
- Liz Roberts, Chair of the Guild of Chester Tour Guides
We appreciate and welcome any feedback relating to your visit to Chester Zoo as we are always interested in ways to improve our visitor experience. Contact our Guest Services team on 01244 380280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working at Chester Zoo?
We are an equal opportunities employer with hundreds of staff, many of whom have individual employment needs - including those with autism, mental health needs and physical disabilities. We offer a highly diverse and accommodating range of employment opportunities.
8% of our current permanent work force has a declared disability under the Equality Act which may require reasonable adjustments in the workplace. We welcome all applications for employment and will work with you to provide reasonable adjustments to accommodate all applications.
Careers at Chester Zoo