Do you fancy being a zoo volunteer?
As a charity, volunteers provide vital support to the life of the zoo. Our award-winning volunteers complement the work of our paid staff and contribute to our success by supporting the zoo's education, scientific and conservation mission.
Our volunteers provide thousands of hours between them to support the work of Chester Zoo. We have over 175 volunteers who support us and play a crucial role in providing an all-round excellent visitor experience. Our volunteers are passionate people who are dedicated to engaging visitors in amazing educational experiences and helping us raise funds for our vital conservation work.
Our volunteers are involved in customer service, educational and fundraising roles. And just so you know, we don't have any animal section volunteer roles.
Who are we looking for?
- Friendly and confident people who are comfortable speaking to guests of all ages
- We’re not looking for experts, just a passion for wildlife and conservation, and of course, people!
- We want people who are flexible and enjoy learning new things
- Happy being outside in all weathers!
- Reliability and regular attendance
I would highly recommend the role of a volunteer, I am really enjoying the experience of engaging with the visitors, working as part of a great team, gaining knowledge and confidence all the time. It's a great environment to volunteer in and I'm looking forward to exciting times ahead with the team, to further improve the visitor experience and help get across the important message of conservation.