Saving Apes: Frontline Conservation
A day of talks, films and discussions about front-line ape conservation!
The EAZA Ape Campaign 2011 is bringing the leading zoos of Europe and beyond together to make a significant and lasting contribution to the continued survival of apes and their habitats.
Chester Zoo is running an Ape Symposium in aid of the Campaign, which will bring together an international array of experts working on the frontline of primate conservation, and give our audience the opportunity to hear about and discuss this important work. Some of the topics being covered include:
• See how primate conservationists are working to save apes in the field
• Learn about tool use in apes
• Find out the important role the media has in ape conservation
• Hear about Chester Zoo’s apes
Talks will be aimed at a general audience and this event is a real must for anyone interested in wildlife conservation! This one-day event also includes a guided ‘Ape Highlights Tour’* of the zoo, and free zoo entry during lunch break**
Invited speakers include
- TV wildlife presenter and veterinary surgeon Steve Leonard
- South-east Asian ape expert David J. Chivers
- Expert on great ape behaviour William C. McGrew
- Question time with Chester Zoo’s Primate Team
- Gorilla, bonobo and chimpanzee experts from the Pan African Sanctuary Alliance (PASA)
- You can also mingle and chat with our speakers in a designated meet & greet session
This fundraising event is open to members and non-members.
Tickets are £24 for Members & Concessions. £30 for Non-members.
Due to the popularity of this event, advanced booking is required.
To book your place onto ‘Saving Apes: Frontline Conservation’, please call 01244 650240
Doors open at 9:15am for a 9:45 am start. The detailed programme will be on the website soon. However the schedule for the day will be as follows. Click here to download the full schedule.
9:15 – 9:45 Registration and Coffee
9:45 – 12:00 Talks session 1
12:00-14:00 Lunch break and zoo tour
14:00 -15:10 Talks session 2
15:10 – 15:30 Refreshments
15:30 – 17:40 Talks session 3
17:40- 19:00 Meet-n-Greet
The event will close at 19:00.
If you have any questions about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Zoo entry from 12-2pm is included in the Symposium ticket price.
** Ticket price also includes tea/coffee/biscuits at two refreshment breaks in the Lecture Theatre. Lunch is not provided – but please do visit the zoo’s cafes and restaurants, where you’ll find a great selection of food and drinks available for purchase.