Date and time
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Members: FREE! Adopters: £2 Public: £3.50
Chester Zoo Lecture Theatre
When the first lions were brought to the zoo in the 1940s, their habitat was one of the first to be built using 12 foot chain link, following George Mottersheads vision for a ‘’zoo without bars’’.
The habitat has always be a main focal point for the zoo, being located just outside The Oakfield, and is almost 80 years old! To provide an even more enriching environment for our lions and better facilities, this year we have opened a brand new, much bigger, and more immersive habitat for our Asiatic lions. Our talk will cover the past, present and future of our lions at the zoo and the all-important move!
Come along and have a ROARsomeee time!
Members’ Talks, held in the Lecture Theatre (near the Zoo’s Main Entrance off the A41), start at 7:30 pm and:
- booking is essential
- are free to members (please bring your membership card and welcome letter)
- we offer a special rate of £2.00 to Adopters
- members of the public and guests are welcome (£3.50 for non-members)
- our Lecture Theatre seats up to 158
- post-talk refreshments give you the opportunity to have an informal chat with speakers, Zoo staff and fellow members
- Online booking is only available to Members, but non-members and adopters can book via our Sales and Events team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01244 650209.