Date and time
03/08/2020 - 06/08/2020
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
From the comfort of your home!
If you know someone interested in a career in conservation, then our Young Conservationists VIRTUAL Summer School is perfect!
Delivered entirely online, our virtual summer school has been developed for those aged between 12-17 years, who are interested in a career working with animals, conservation, research or veterinary medicine.
During the week, young people will be immersed into the world of Chester Zoo through a combination of group activities, virtual behind the scenes tours, Q+A sessions with zoo experts, workshops and theory sessions.
This is a great opportunity for young people to get together and learn new skills, as they explore the work that goes on around the zoo!
BOOK YOUR PLACE
The summer school runs from 9.30am-4.30pm with an hour lunch break, it will be entirely delivered virtually so attendees can participate from the comfort of their own home.
A FEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS…
- The virtual summer school is for young people aged 12-17 years only.
- Please note this a virtual summer school taking place entirely online.
- Please book a separate place for every young person attending.
- Please note that this will not involve physical contact with live animals.
- This is a 4-day event.
- Attendees will be supervised by the Conservation Education and Engagement team throughout the day. All members of staff are DBS checked.
- Places are booked online on a first come, first served basis. Please do not assume a place is booked until you have received a booking confirmation.
- You will be asked to provide additional information. The information you provide is for the purpose of planning and running the sessions; contacting you with information relevant to the club and contacting someone in the event of an emergency.
- Chester Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel the sessions if absolutely necessary. If this happens we will give as much notice as possible, however this cannot always be guaranteed.
- Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality, and health and safety, this cannot always be achieved. Please contact us for advice before booking.
The fight isn’t over for us just yet,
WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP.
Thank you for all your support so far. Thanks for supporting us through donations, adoptions, fundraising and writing to your MP to help SAVE OUR ZOO. From the bottom of our hearts – thank you. There are still tough times ahead, but thanks for bearing with us.