Valentine's Day competition
Terms & Conditions
From Friday 24 January to Friday 1 February 2019, we are running a competition in the zoo as part of our Valentine’s Day event.
Please read these competition rules carefully. Entering this competition means that you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions:
- There will be two winners who will win a meal for two at The Oakfield on 14 February 2019. One winner will be selected from Facebook and one winner will be selected from Instagram. A convenient time will be arranged with the winner once they’ve been notified.
- To enter the competition, applicants must like and tag the relevant post on The Oakfield’s Facebook or Instagram pages with the person they'd like to bring for a meal with them, by Friday 1 February 2019.
- The prize cannot be transferable to another person.
- Entrants must be available to attend the Valentine’s Day event on Thursday 14 February.
- The winner will be contacted by Chester Zoo via Facebook or Instagram on Monday 4 February 2019 and will be required to book a table for the event on 14 February 2019 at the times available.
- No prize or part of a prize is exchangeable for cash, tickets or services.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be the entrant selected at random by a member of zoo staff.
- The closing date is as specified in the competition (Friday 1 February 2019).
- If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within two weeks, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize.
- Chester Zoo reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- You agree that we may contact you using via Facebook. We do not guarantee that we will acknowledge or respond to everyone who has entered the competition.
- You warrant that you are eligible to participate in the competition and any information you provide is neither false nor misleading.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or suspend your entry and/or to withhold or reclaim any benefit awarded or due to be awarded to you as a result of your participation if we consider, in our sole discretion, that:
- You supply or have supplied any untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading details and/or information or you have deceived us in any way including without limitation about your identity;
- You have failed to follow our reasonable instructions or directions in relation to your participation;
- Your conduct (past or present) may bring us into disrepute;
- You fail to meet the eligibility requirements;
- In the event of a dispute our decision will be final.