We look carefully at the environmental and economic cost of the things we buy, as well as just the pounds and pence.
The idea is that we – and hopefully all organisations – move away from just buying and disposing of stuff, and towards re-using and recycling things to minimise waste.
We're committed to protecting wildlife so you can be sure that all of the food that we sell is ethically sourced and, if possible, locally made. One of our cafes, Bembe, is a great example of our commitment to sustainable procurement:
- We use RSPO certified palm oil in our products
- All our palm plates and cutlery are bio degradable
- Our eggs are free range
- Our milk is locally sourced in Cheshire
- We use Red Tractor British Farm Assured chicken and beef in our homemade dishes
- Our Shuka Coffee is certified Rain Forest Alliance
- Our apple and orange juices are Fairtrade