We can guarantee you’ll encounter some of the rarest animals on the planet.
We can guarantee your visit funds our vital species-saving conservation work.
We can guarantee a great day out.
But the one thing we can’t guarantee? The weather! Until now…
Our new Rainy Day Guarantee is here to help make sure you get a fantastic day out, even if the weather isn’t very good.
If it rains continuously for over an hour then you can come back and visit us for free on another day.
This means that you can enjoy great online savings without having to worry about the weather on your chosen date!
HOW IT WORKS
Our rainy day guarantee is simple. If you’ve booked online and it rains persistently for more than an hour during your visit, we’ll send you an email explaining how you can return again on a different day, free of charge. You’ll just need to keep hold of your original ticket which will still be valid for your rainy day replacement.
There’s still plenty of exciting things to do at the zoo when it rains. You can explore our immersive indoor spaces – like Monsoon Forest and Tropical Realm. Or why not discover our digital exhibit Planet Shark which opened earlier this year. Our animals also enjoy all weathers so a rainy day can still be a fun one, just don’t forget the waterproofs! Discover some of the wondrous places you can enjoy in all weathers at the zoo:
Qualifying rainy days 2023
The below dates had at least one hour of persistent rain and are eligible for our Rainy Day Guarantee. If you booked your tickets online you’ll receive an email with further instructions. If you have not received this email, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Saturday 22 July
- Sunday 23 July
- Wednesday 26 July
- Sunday 30 July
- Saturday 5 August
- Monday 14 August
Terms and conditions
- The Rainy Day Guarantee will start on 20 July and run across July and August 2023.
- The Guarantee only applies to full day tickets booked in advance through the Chester Zoo website.
- Tickets are only valid for a single return free visit to gain entry to Chester Zoo. You cannot transfer your free return visit for an alternative date, should it rain again.
- Free return visits will only be accepted upon presentation of the original ticket(s) from your first visit with a valid ID.
- The date of your original tickets must be on an eligible rainy day as determined by Chester Zoo, this information will be available on the website.
- Free return visit need to be redeemed by the 30th September 2023.
- No cash alternative is available, tickets cannot be re-sold or exchanged.
- Return visits are subject to availability.
- Return visits can only be exchanged for the same original ticket type and only apply to zoo entry (i.e. an Adult ticket for an Adult ticket).
- The Rainy Day Guarantee does not apply to special events or experiences such as Lanterns and Light, Into the Night or our animal encounters.
- Any other additional paid-for activities are exempt and do not apply.
- Full zoo regulations apply.
- Chester Zoo has the right to refuse entry and withdraw the Rainy Day Guarantee offer at any time.
- This offer is available on full day tickets purchased in advance through the Chester Zoo website, and is not applicable to afternoon tickets, complimentary tickets, school or groups, corporate events, private hire, short breaks packages or tickets purchased through a partner discounted ticket and/or third party.