Animal Portrait Contest 2014
Capture the magic and beauty in the faces of our animals.
We’re launching a new, fun, social media photography contest! It’s very simple – we want you to post your best portraits of any of the 11,000+ animals here at Chester Zoo.
It really doesn’t matter if you’re a pro photographer, an enthusiast, a complete novice or just like snapping stuff on your phone to share with your friends.
To show us what you’ve got, simply visit one of our main social media pages – Facebook, Google+, Twitter or Instagram – and post your best portraits of any of the species at Chester Zoo, using the hashtag #chesterzoosnaps
A selection of the very best will be selected for a special gallery on our website, social media pages and will even be shown in full glossy colour in our Z magazine for members and adopters (if you don’t currently receive Z we’ll send you a copy if your photo is chosen).
That means a combined audience of well over 250,000 people could see your pics – so it’s a real chance to get your great snaps noticed and your name up in lights! Throughout the contest we’ll be adding our favourites to our galleries/pages and the person who takes our absolute outright favourite will win an adoption package for the animal in their photo!
Remember, we’re only looking for portraits of the animals at Chester Zoo and the photo must have been taken no earlier than July 1 2013. You can see all the rules here.
Last entries must be posted by April 30 so good luck and get snapping!
To give you some inspiration, here’s a selection of the sort of great images that we’re after…
• All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not contravene the rights of third parties
• Entries must be submitted via any of the social media pages listed above by April 30 2014
• Minor manipulation of images using photo editing software or apps is permitted
• Entrants grant Chester Zoo license to use their images for all purposes connected with the competition, including but not limited to post-promotion publicity and the opportunity to offer the images to the media
• The judges’ decision is final
• All of the selected winners may be required to provide a high resolution digital file of their chosen image and may be also asked to provide an original unedited digital file