Special event 16/09/2017
Wildlife Connections Family Sleepover
Get closer to nature and camp out at Chester Zoo – Sat 16 September
We’re excited to be hosting our first sleepover at the zoo!
Bring your family, pitch up your tent and take part in an evening of wildlife activities that’ll bring you closer to the incredible local wildlife.
See what nocturnal nature you can spot, like moths and bats, and then do some star gazing before tucking into a tasty hot chocolate. But be sure you get a good night’s sleep and recharge your batteries, ready for an early rise and animal yoga before breakfast.
Before packing up and leaving, there are opportunities to take part in a dawn chorus bird walk and bug hunting.
BOOK TICKETS HERE >
If you have any access, dietary or other requirements please email firstname.lastname@example.org once you've booked your tickets.
Why not make a weekend of it and come along to our Wildlife Connections Festival, which is taking place Friday 15, Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September. Find out more here >
- £49 per adult
- £29 per child
- Free for babes in arms
There are a limited amount of places, so be sure to book early to avoid disappointment.
Terms & Conditions:
- This event is for families so all bookings must have both adults and children. All children must be accompanied by someone age 18 or older.
- This event is taking place in the overflow parking fields outside of the main zoo. Your ticket for this event does not include zoo entry.
- Camp pitching must happen within the marked areas.
- No open flames, fires, stoves or BBQs of any kind are to be used on the festival or camp site.
- Noise levels must be kept to a minimum out of respect to fellow campers.
- Bad behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Lights out will be at 22:30. Please be aware the site will be very dark and appropriate torches should be brought with you.
- Toilets on the camp site will be portable toilets and therefore will not have lighting.
- There will be NO running water on site. Limited bottled water (2L) will be provided per person.
- All vehicles need to arrive at the designated campsite between 17:00 and 18:00. On Sunday 17 September, all vehicles need to be off site by 12:00.
- Vehicles are not to be moved from site during the event unless told to do so.
- Staff will be staying overnight and will be the point of contact in case of emergency – tent will be clearly marked.
- Food vouchers are limited to one per meal/snack per person and will be issued when you arrive at the campsite.
- Adults must be responsible for their children for the duration of the event.
- Gates into the event area will be closing in the evening (by 7pm). If access is needed due to an emergency, please contact the member of staff on site.
- If you’re planning to visit the Wildlife Connection Festival on Sunday access will be from 12:00.
- On arrival at 5pm – please register at the registration tent to pick up your vouchers.
- The planned activities are most suitable for children ages 7-11 years old.
- ‘Babes in arms’ go free.
- Dietary requirements will need to be provided when purchasing the tickets.
Find out more about Wildlife Connections here
* Free entry is to the festival - normal admission applies for zoo entry. Zoo tickets can be purchased here.