WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT CHESTER ZOO?
Being a part of something special and knowing that you’ll make a difference to wildlife and to our visitors is pretty rewarding but if that’s not enough then here are some of the other perks of the job.
In addition to competitive salaries we offer these fantastic benefits to all employees:
- A Defined Contribution Pension Scheme or a NEST pension scheme for seasonal employees
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent sick pay arrangements after 12 months service
- 33 days paid holidays (inclusive of Bank Holidays) which increases with length of service
- Free admittance tickets
- Staff Pass
- Free Park and Ride Access
- Perkz online discount scheme
- 90% Microsoft office package discount
- Free Staff Association Representation
- SharePoint Free advertising space for CZ employees. (Available to all employees)
- Discounted gym membership with Brio Leisure
In addition our permanent employees are also eligible for:
- Medicash Healthcare – Medicash is a healthcare plan that provides a wide range of positive healthcare benefits, it even takes care of the money side of things with cash back to cover costs such as dental and optical bills, physiotherapy and even consultancy charges
- Child care vouchers
- Celebration of Service Award
- Staff Family Pass (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Access to West Cheshire Credit Union
Training & Development
At Chester Zoo we are committed to making sure that our people receive a high level of training and development.
When you are new in your role, your line manager will work with you throughout your probationary period to make sure you settle in well and that you fully understand the basics of your job role.
Your performance is reviewed during the annual PDR process and we offer a wide range of training and development sessions, courses and NVQs to set you up for success.
All of our Line Managers are able to attend our Effective Leadership Programme which is our in-house, BIAZA accredited course that gives all our managers the skills they need to manage their teams effectively.