Date and time
Various dates throughout the year. In March, May, July, September and November 2022.
Our WILDLIFE CHAMPIONS are taking actions across Chester, creating safe spaces for wildlife in our communities!
If you work with elders, teenagers or toddlers (or anyone in between) and whatever your knowledge of wildlife we’d love for you to join our FREE WILDLIFE CHAMPIONS course! All you need is a green space and a group to engage.
Our enjoyable workshops, led by experts from Chester Zoo, will give you all the know-how and resources you need to run inspiring activities with your group that are great for wildlife!
By joining the 4 workshops you will:
- Develop skills and know-how including: planting for wildlife, helping birds, toads and hedgehogs, wildlife recording and activities for groups to support wildlife and wellbeing.
- Join our Wildlife Champions network. This platform will enable you to share ideas and support.
- Join our Nature Recovery Corridor Community Volunteer team.
- Support Chester Zoo in the development of a 10 mile Nature Recovery Corridor.
- Receive ongoing support, including an on-site visit to talk through your habitat improvements and advice around delivering activities for your group/local community.
The course is at CHESTER ZOO running from 10am – 3pm…
Sat 12th March
Sun 13th March
Sat 26th March
Sun 27th March
Mon 30th May
Tues 31st May
Wed 1st June
Thurs 2nd June
Sat 2nd July
Sun 3rd July
Sat 16th July
Sun 17th July
Thurs 1st Sep
Thurs 8th Sep
Thurs 15th Sep
Thurs 22nd Sep
Sat 5th Nov
Sat 12th Nov
Sat 19th Nov
Sat 26th Nov
To register your interest please complete this form.
Please note: Places for the course will be prioritised to individuals who are part of a group with a green space within the Nature Recovery Corridor area.
Spaces are limited and unfortunately we can’t guarantee spaces. But we’ll create a waiting list and hope to welcome as many of you onto the course as possible!
We always LOVE to hear from you! Let us know a bit about your group and green space by sending us an email if you prefer.
Don’t forget to SHARE how you’ve been helping local wildlife with #WildlifeConnections!
WHAT IS WILDLIFE CONNECTIONS?
Wildlife Connections is a campaign led by Chester Zoo to create safe spaces for our most precious local wildlife.
Find out more about this campaign, the Nature Recovery Corridor and how you can get involved!